Frequently Asked Questions
This page is continuously updated. Please check back often if you have a question. If your question is not answered here, please reach out to us at email@example.com. If it applies to other users, we will add it here.
- -Why do I need to capture kids' and students' pre-school to high-school life achievements?
- We can list many reasons for capturing and compiling kids' and
students' school age achievements.
- First and foremost, it's capturing memories. Over time, students and families tend to forget activities and achievements such as summer programs, after school programs, performances or sports. Cirkled inTM provides a secure, centralized, designed for students and a mobile-friendly platform to compile and track kids' entire school life achievements.
- Second, we are in a digital age where colleges and employers are already looking beyond test scores and more at students' holistic skills and achievements. A recent study found 67% of surveyed college admission officers Google their candidates. Why not take charge and highlight your students' strengths? Whether it's playing soccer in elementary school or being on the student body council in middle school, every experience develops a students' personality and builds important skills. By including all major achievements and activities, you can highlight the holistic personality and strengths of the student. With this, you can open more doors of opportunities for students and increase your chances of success.
- -How safe and secure is Cirkled inTM?
- Safety and security is on top of our priority list. We have
taken many measures to meet this priority.
- First and foremost, our website is secured with https - encoded with SSL (Secured Socket Link) certification from an independent third party.
- Second, each user's password is encoded with a security code.
- Next, no profile is searchable by search engines.
- Additionally, each file attachment can only be viewed when you are logged in on the platform. Only you and your invited guests can view your attachments.
- Finally, you as the user, control the privacy settings on your profile. You have the flexibility of making each section Private or Public. Only public sections will be visible to your invited guests.
- -What do different Privacy Settings mean?
- We have designed student profile(s) with seven sections such as Academics,
Supplemental learning, Summer programs, Sports, Music and Arts, Volunteering
and Internship(s). To give you full control of your profile visibility, we have
designed privacy settings at every section level. Each of seven sections can
be made "Private" or "Public".
- "Private" setting means "for my eyes only". No one but you as the account holder can see the section marked as Private.
- "Public" setting means "For me and my guests". When you send a link of the profile to your guest, they can see public sections of your profile. At this point, no one can see your profile without you sending them the link to your profile.
- -Where can I change the Privacy Settings?
- You can change each individual section's privacy setting on the "My Life Story" page. In addition, in the "Setting" page, you can change the privacy setting for all sections with one button click.
- -On which platforms is Cirkled inTM supported?
- Cirkled inTM can be used on any device such as smartphone(s), tablet(s), phablet(s), PCs and Macs. Cirkled inTM is supported on all the browsers that support HTML5 such as Internet Explorer(ver 11 or higher), Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc. Cirkled inTM does not have a mobile app right now but they are on our roadmap. We will release Apps as they become available.
- -How much does it cost to use Cirkled inTM?
- Currently Cirkled inTM is completely free. Eventually it will have a free and a premium version for students and families. Premium version will have additional value added features and benefits.
- -I participate in lot of individual activities, not associated with any organization such as cycling, rollerblading, ice-skating etc. Where do I record these?
- Activities should be captured under categories they belong to even if they are not associated with any organization. For example cycling, rollerblading etc. should be recorded under Sports category. Individual piano activities should be under Music category.
- -If an activity is part of the after school club, where should I record it - under the grade level or in its own category like sports or music?
- There is no wrong answer to this question. Activities can be captured wherever you feel it fits. Our recommendation is that if an activity spans over a year and beyond grade level, record it under its own category. For example, if choir or orchestra spans across multiple grades, put that under Music category so that you can show continuum over time.
- -Where do I capture clubs like Debate Club, National Honors Society?
- There is no wrong answer to this question. Clubs can be captured wherever you feel it fits.
- Ideally, clubs can be added to each grade under Academics section. If student participates in the same club across multiple grades, that club should be added to all those grades. For example, if students participates in Debate club all through high school, it should be added in all grades, 9-12. Explanation of debate club for the subsequent years, should be enhanced by showing progress and continuation from the last grade.
- If some clubs like National Honors Society are related to volunteering services, they can also be added under Volunteering section. Or you can keep them under each grade when you participated in that club.
- Cirkled-in platform gives you flexibility in terms of where to place the information. Because no matter where you put it, it will be there for you to use when needed and recruiters/admission officer will still get to see it when you share your profile.
- -I created a profile. Now what?
- Great! You are on track to capture and collect all your achievements and be prepared for the future. You can share your profile with anyone from "Share My Life Story" page. You can either send a link to your guest (online sharing) or send a PDF (offline sharing). When you send a link, all sections marked as "Public" will be visible to your guest. In PDF, you can select the categories you want to add in the PDF.
- -My child is now old enough to use Cirkled inTM. Can I transfer the account to him/her?
- Yes. Cirkled inTM promotes students taking ownership of their learning and profile. As they become mature and computer savvy, families can allow access to kids. Under your account, click on down arrow next to your name in top right corner and go to "Settings" page. In front of eachchild's name, click on "Edit Options" and select "Allow Student Access". Enter your child's email address and a temporary password and select "Save". And your child has access to the profile instantly. Child will only have access to his/her account. They will not be able to see their siblings' account.
Why Cirkled inTM?
- -Why should schools use Cirkled inTM?
- With Cirkled inTM as e-portfolio solution, schools improve their operational efficiency by teachers and counselors knowing their students better and faster. With more students accepted for prestigious opportunities, schools reduce student churn, attract more new students and strengthen their brand. Schools can track their students through and beyond graduation.
- -What does school get under Cirkled inTM license?
- With Cirkled inTM license, schools get complete package of benefits for school, all its
teachers and students. Schools get:
- School portal with monitor and tracking of students.
- All school teachers' accounts with ability to view and recommend students, associated to them
- All school students with premium account with free access at home and outside school
- -Can't I have my students create their free consumer account and just use that? What are the benefits of school account over individual students account?
- Yes, your students can open their free consumer account and in the case, they'll be operating on an individual basis and not as part of a school entity. Teachers will only be able to view student's profile, if a link is sent by the student. School will not be able to monitor their student body's progress or won't be able to track their students over time.
- -What happens to student's account after they graduate from my school?
- Either students can transfer their account to next school or they can switch to consumer free or premium account On Cirkled inTM, students' data always remains with students through schools, city, states or any other changing variable.
- -Can I cancel my school license if I don't want it?
- Well, We don't think you would want to do that but you can cancel your license if needed. In that case all students and teachers can switch to consumer account. And you will not have access to school portal, meaning student growth monitoring and tracking.
- -How does school pricing work?
- Right now Cirkled inTM is being offered free to schools in lieu of their feedback
on school portal. Later we will start charging schools. There will be two types of
pricing model. School can opt for site wide license, which is a preferred method or
they can choose to pay per student. With a site wide license, school gets following
- School doesn't have to count their students regularly to ensure proper number of Cirkled inTM licenses throughout the school years.
- It's easy to budget a fixed amount during budget cycle.
- Schools save on administrative workload associated with regular changes to price.
- -How is it different from other tools available to high school counselors?
- Cirkled inTM has a student-centric approach with student at the center of the circle,
supported by all other people in education ecosystem. When students succeed, teachers
and schools succeed. Schools and teachers get the tools to support student and increase
their success rate. With Cirkled inTM:
- Students can start in elementary school and track every accomplishment throughout their school life without losing or forgetting it. With student-centric approach, Cirkled inTM data stays with students through schools, city, states or any other variable. Other tools usually start in high school and disconnected for students after graduation.
- Students maintain their accomplishments both inside and outside school. With richer, broader and deeper data, schools can increase their student's acceptance in prestigious colleges.
- Cirkled inTM is not limited to college admissions only. Students can share their profile for applications such as competitive summer camps, prestigious internships, scholarships etc. Other school counselor tools are usually not used by employers in hiring.
- With a quick glance at students' profiles, teachers get to know their students quickly accelerating the class ramp up at the beginning of the school year. On regular basis, teachers can tailor the learning by knowing holistic story of students' day and life, both in and out of the school.
- Cirkled inTM profile provides school counselors important insight into student's complete picture of school life and helps them help students with applications or any other issues.
- Cirkled inTM has modern interface, which is mobile and millennial friendly.
- Families and students collaborate throughout students' school life in maintaining the profile. Other tools are usually only used by students and only in school. Parents are rarely engaged.
- -How is it different from other professional networking platforms?
- In many ways such as:
- First and foremost, Cirkled inTM is secure and closed platform, meaning no one can search and look at the student profile without getting a link from the students (except in schools setting, teachers can view students' profile). Other professional networks are open to public where anyone can see your student's profile. Other platforms are also prone to spam and advertising that may expose students to inappropriate material.
- Secondly Cirkled inTM is customized to compile and track students' achievements in multiple categories like academics, sports, music, summer camps, volunteering etc. other professional networks are not conducive to the activities students do.
Cirkled inTM for Schools
We have many features on our roadmap. So stay tuned for those updates. If you would like to see some features added on Cirkled inTM platform, please share with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any question that has not been answered here, please contact us via email at email@example.com.